Lekatit 11 colourfully celebrated in Oslo
The 37th birth day of the popular struggle of the Tigrai people, Lekatit 11, was colorfully
celebrated in Oslo by compatriots from the Tigrai region in the presence of veteran fighters
and a guest of honor on Saturday the 18th of February 2012.
The occasion was marked by one minute prayer to the fallen heroes and heroines during the
armed struggle against the fascist Derg-regime followed by candle lighting and key-note
address by the veteran fighter guest of honor who came from long distance to join the
ceremony from her mission residence.
In her key-note address the guest of honor elaborated the TPLF central committee message
of the 37th birth day, which included the following core points among others:
- That our people won the bitter struggle against the Derg regime and assured equality
and self rule up on which democracy and development are in sustained progress.
- The struggle has yielded to the establishment of democratic developmental state.
She also mentioned that the succession process is proceeding as per planned
- The 5 year GTP (growth and Transportation Plan) is being undertaken in a manner
the masses at all levels become beneficiaries
- Drought resistant agricultural development is in miraculous success with Natural
resources conservation based irrigation development and appropriate extension
systems in rural areas
- Establishment and strengthening of development army from the farmers,
professionals, wudib-members and leadership is top on the agenda and well in
- Urban development works with clear set goals and implementation policies and
strategies are progressing successfully with the objective of job creation and fostered
towns development. Establishment and strengthening of Small and micro enterprises
as units of industrial development is showing clear impact in the sector
- Anti-rent seeking struggle is waged to guarantee the sustainable development of
cities and towns
- The infrastructure and basic services development in the areas of power generation
and distribution, education, health and telecommunications is in full swing making
the general public beneficiaries at all levels.
The guest also deliberated on Bond investment of Diaspora compatriots for the Headsse
Dam under construction. Participants pledged to buy bonds and put their finger print on the
historic monument of Hedasse Dam.
The celebration stayed whole night with compatriots enjoying Woyanay songs.